All reputable Web casinos offer a number of blackjack variants and accept credit card and debit card payments. There are significant advantages to making online transactions and funding your Internet casino accounts for real money blackjack using a credit card. Here are the pros and cons of using credit and everything you need to know before making a deposit into your casino account with a credit card. This guide is not for Australians, due to online gambling becoming prohibited under the new Interactive Gambling Act 2016, which went into full legal effect in September 2017.
Depositing gambling funds using credit cards
The best, safest casinos to make a deposit using a credit or debit card are:
Making a deposit into your playing account by using a credit card is a very straightforward process. All you have to do is head to the banking section of your preferred virtual casino and follow the prompts, choosing credit cards like MasterCard or Visa as the payment option. Credit card is one of the most common payment used at Internet casinos; typically Visa credit cards, MasterCard credit cards and JCB credits are accepted across the board.
Deposits made with credit cards are processed instantly and usually have no additional fees. There are high maximum transfer amounts when you use credit, so you don’t have to make a lot of small separate deposits.
When you’re making a withdrawal from your casino account using a credit card you may have to wait 2 – 5 business days for the transaction to go through, which is a slight disadvantage to consider before choosing credit as your preferred option.
Are credit cards safe to use at online casinos?
Yes, as long as you play at a trustworthy online casino, it’s completely safe to withdraw and deposit using a credit card. The best virtual casinos utilise 128-bit secure socket layer digital encryption technology to protect all transactions – the same high-end digital security systems used by financial institutions around the world.
Credit card providers have their own security mechanisms to ensure total protection. Both MasterCard and Visa design credit cards with advanced security features; the cards themselves have security features including the three digit cardholder verification code that is printed on the back of your credit card, which must always be entered whenever you make an online transaction.
They also invest in anti-fraud, anti-phishing and extra security programs. For example the Verified by Visa program which is a worldwide authentication program where cardholder identity is verified in real time with a predetermined password to stop third parties making charges on your account.
For extra peace of mind, Visa and MasterCard have a zero liability policy that states that any fraudulent charges made from your Visa credit card will be reimbursed to you provided that you alert unauthorised use as soon as you notice it.
Advantages using credit cards for funding online blackjack
Credit card is an excellent payment method for funding your real money blackjack game sessions. Here are some of main reasons we recommend using credit cards for deposits and withdrawals:
- MasterCard, Visa and JCB are very widely accepted at online casinos all over the world, and allow you to pay.
- When you’re paying with credit card you’re getting double the security features. Your credit provider has its own security measures, plus if you’re playing at a worthwhile Internet casino it will invest in protective procedures as well.
- Deposits made with a credit card are processed instantly. This is a huge advantage if you want to start playing real money blackjack straight away. Withdrawals from your casino playing account to your bank account using credit are also processed efficiently and will go through within a few business days.
- Most online casinos won’t charge any additional fees when you make a deposit or a withdrawal using a credit card.
- Many real money blackjack players choose to pay with credit because it’s convenient. You don’t need to sign up to any additional features, for example when you’re paying with an e-Wallet you first need to create an e-Wallet account and transfer money to your digital wallet before you can begin making transactions over the Web.
- When you make a deposit using a credit card the minimum amount you can transfer is normally as low as $10 and the maximum amount is either limitless or around $5000. This is a very convenient feature of paying with credit card, especially if you are a bit of a high roller blackjack player. The exact amounts allowed via credit card will vary from online casino to online casino so you will have to verify the amounts with your preferred Web casino.